Wednesday, 31 August 2011

THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN - Mitch Albon, 2003


This is a lovely book. The ending made me cry and I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of it.
But, I have to be honest, I almost feel guilty for doing so. I once read Chicken Soup for the Soul and, for a short time, I felt the same way about that. (I did, however, read the latter in a hot bubbly bath with a glass of wine).
This book gave me a warm glow and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a thought-provoking novel to comfort them.
I love the idea that Heaven is a place of your own choosing, In The Lovely Bones, Sebold aspires to something similar. There are no clouds and angels here; sometimes the revelations of the Five People are uncomfortable but they help to explain Eddie’s existence and we could all do worse than experience this sort of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment